All of us have always wanted Crespo-effect hair, less damaged and more voluminous, so much so that we often go to salons to spend hundreds of dollars and then not work or ruin the style. Now it can be simple to make your own masks and know what ingredients are in them too.
With simple ingredients that we can also find in our refrigerator, you can get the completely natural and home-made mask, combined with hydration, eating healthy foods, and trying not to wash your hair every day to decrease dandruff and stop removing essential oils from your scalp.
The use of these masks can prevent breakage and will be a beneficial way to repair all types of hair.
1. Avocado banana hair mask
This mask contains natural ingredients such as apple vinegar, avocado, egg banana, and olive oil. This combination seems a little strange but it really works!
- Apple vinegar is one of the most important ingredients because, thanks to its acidity, it helps prevent dandruff and dry scalp and also gives shine.
- The avocado together with the banana gives shine and helps to hydrate them.
- The egg instead acts as a detergent
This mask repairs damaged and bright hair, making it clean and reinforced.
- 1/4 cup of apple vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Recipe: Add the water and vinegar in a small bowl to set aside. Blend together the avocado, the banana, the egg, and the oil until the citrus fruits disappear.
- Use: Put the mask on the scalp and comb it with your fingers. Cover the hair for twenty minutes leaving it to act. Wash your hair with cold water and shampoo. After this process, rinse the hair thoroughly and place the mixture of water and vinegar in the hair, leaving it to rest for a few minutes and then rinse.
2. Egg and mayonnaise hair mask
This mask needs only 2 ingredients, the egg, and mayonnaise, and in case your hair lacks shine just add olive oil.
- The egg serves as a detergent sealing the moisture and, thanks to the yolk, eliminates grease and dirt from the hair, and is also very useful for damage caused by coloring.
- The oil present in the mayonnaise instead gives shine and deeply moisturizes also protecting from thermal styling, in fact, it contains many properties that are present in the masks that you can find everywhere.
These two ingredients together are known for their powerful combination for dry hair up to their rooting.
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 Raw eggs
- 1 teaspoon of oil if you have frizzy hair
- Recipe: Put the mayonnaise and the egg in a bowl, stirring by hand, to prevent it from sticking to the hair, until they are perfectly mixed. Add oil if you have frizzy hair.
- Use: Dip your hands in the cream and pass them between the hair from the root to the ends until they are completely covered. Put on a shower cap and then wrap it in a warm towel so that the heat will help the moisture to penetrate your hair. Leave in position for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water but first shampoo the roots to remove any build-up. You can apply it one or two times a week.
3. DIY deep hair conditioner
This mask is useful for all those with damaged or dry hair who use coconut oil, shea butter, argan oil and some essential oils.
- Coconut oil nourishes hair
- Shea Butter adds moisture and shine, and it can also remedy dandruff and dry scalp
- Argan oil is instead excellent to control the Crespo effect and add shine
This mask is used to moisturize the hair in depth, leaving your hair soft and silky.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of shea butter
- 1 teaspoon of argan oil
- A few drops of essential oil for hair such as lavender, peppermint or rosemary.
- Recipe: Dissolve the coconut oil and the shea butter together and then let it cool until it solidifies and then add the argan oil. Whip it for 2-3 minutes until it becomes creamy.
- Use: Put the mask on clean, dry and combed hair and then let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash them normally.
4. Avocado, coconut milk, and olive oil DIY hair mask
For this mask, you simply need 3 Ingredients: Avocado, Coconut Milk and Olive Oil. This mask restores dull hair of all types, in fact, the fatty acids sealing the moisture and makes the hair softer.
- 1 soft avocado
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Recipe: Blend all three ingredients together without making citrus fruits.
- Use: Apply dividend oils to damp hair concentrating on the ends and on the driest spots. Collect the hair and cover with a shower cap and finally a warm towel. Leave for 1 hour and rinse.
5. DIY yogurt and honey hair mask
This mask is made up of two simple ingredients: yogurt and honey.
- Yogurt, especially the whole one, which helps to moisturize and purify the scalp.
- Raw Honey instead nourishes the hair and reduces hair breakage and split ends.
This mask is great if you feel dry, frizzy and fragile hair indeed, makes your hair brighter and happier.
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Recipe: Take the ingredients and mix them all together in a bowl.
- Use: Apply the mask on the hair starting from the scalp to the tips massaging well so that the mask covers the scalp. Leave to rest for 20 minutes and then wash normally.
Apply it once a week
6. Strawberry Hair Mask
This mask is very easy to make and contains strawberries together with mayonnaise.
- Strawberries filled with vitamin C help nourish hair and protect cell membranes. It also helps keep the scalp clean and hydrated
- Mayonnaise, on the other hand, is a source of healthy fats for hair, especially for dry ones.
This mask will leave hair shiny, smooth and weightless and is useful for damaged hair.
- 8 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Recipe: Blend the ingredients until a cream is formed.
- Use: Apply to wet hair and leave for 15 minutes.Rinse.
7. DIY Aloe Vera Hair Mask
This recipe is made from aloe vera and cinnamon, which can be replaced by lemon if the hair is too oily.
- Aloe Vera helps hair growth, prevents itching and reduces dandruff.
- Cinnamon stimulates hair growth.
- Lemon, on the other hand, prevents dirt from blocking between the hair.
This mask is very useful for speeding up hair growth.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder or some lemon spray.
- Recipe: Combine aloe vera and cinnamon together Avoiding lumps.
- Use: Apply the mask on the hair. As soon as you hear tingling it means that it works. Cover your hair with a shower cap for 15 minutes then rinse.
8. Pumpkin and Honey Hair Mask
This recipe uses 2 simple ingredients, one of which we have seen before: pumpkin and honey. It can also be used as a face mask.
- Pumpkin being rich in minerals helps healthy hair growth.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Recipe: Combine the two ingredients and mix.
- Use: Put the mask on the hair and wrap the hair with a shower cap and hold it in place for 15 minutes. Rinse.
9. Banana Olive Oil Hair Mask
This mask is formed from a banana and olive oil which put together helps repair hair damaged by chemical substances such as chlorine. It also helps restore shine and reduce split ends. Your hair will be nourished and smooth.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (add if it is not very homogeneous)
- Recipe: Mix the banana with the oil trying not to make lumps.
- Use: Place the mask on damp hair and hold for a few minutes. Wash.