The Teen Magazine had an opportunity to interview Jaid Jennings-Liggons about her life as a professional makeup artist. The face cards, the eyebrows, the lashes - we are here for it all. This queen is a beauty icon for young girls in Toledo, Oh. Jaid has been doing makeup for six years and found her inspiration in her mother. Read more to learn more about Jaid.
Jaid strives to encourage young women and girls in her community each and every day. Don't forget to follow her on social media so you can book her when she is in your city! You can find her on Instagram @j____jenligggg. For booking and collaboration opportunities, contact email@example.com
Fun Facts About Jaid Jennings-Liggons
Quote you live by:
Love people and use things, not the other way around.
Hulu or Netflix:
Summer or Winter:
Sneakers or Heels:
How old are you?
What do you want out of life?
I want to make the world a better place.
How does your skill connect to your purpose?
Making people feel beautiful makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Seeing their faces when I'm done lets me know my job is done....one face at a time.
Where have you traveled to?
I have been to Vegas. Most of my appointments have been booked in Vegas.
If you could work with any celebrity right now, who would it be?
If I could work with any celebrity, it would be City Girls or Jayda Cheaves.
What is the product you couldn't live without?
The makeup product I couldn't live without would be mascara.
What are the best products to use?
What are the worst skin products to use?
What is your skin care routine?
What are some of the biggest challenges you face?
The biggest challenges in this industry are consistency and perfection. The beauty industry is constantly changing. Your workload is constantly changing as well. As far as perfection goes, I strive to give everyone that perfect beat. This can be a struggle sometimes, because I have to meet each client's specific expectations and be spot on with their preferences.
10 Makeup Bag Essentials
1. Foundation or BB cream
2. Hydrating Concealer
4. Translucent Powder
5. Eye Shadow
6. Mascara and Lashes
8. Eyebrow Pencil
10. Makeup Brushes
Did You Know?
1. The world’s first cosmetics were created from copper and lead ore by the ancient Egyptians.
2. MAC stands for “Makeup Art Cosmetics.”
3. The first nail polish was invented in China in 3000 B.C.
4. Drinking a lot of water adds an instant glow to your face.
5. The beauty industry is valued at $532 billion.
6. The Aztecs used beetles to make red lipstick.
7. Feminists like Elizabeth Cady Stanton wore lipstick as a symbol of freedom from oppression when they marched for the right to vote.
8. In 2015, Urban Decay was selling the Naked palette at an approximate rate of one every six seconds.
9. The world’s first glitter eyeshadow was invented by Too Faced Cosmetics.
10. The official pronunciation of NYX Cosmetics is “Niks”, not N.Y.X.
Thank you Jaid Jennings-Liggons for taking the time to speak with me. I enjoyed speaking with you and learning about your passion for makeup.