If you are extremely pale like me, you might get excited when summertime comes around. It's the perfect time to lay down on the beach under warm of kisses of the sun and get tanned. This year, however, much like all of you I haven't been able to get tan as much due to the coronavirus pandemic leading to my constant stay at home. But luckily, there are many self-tanning options out there!
About Blue Saint:
The Blue Saint Lin was developed by a 19-year-old influencer, Aryanna Tempest. As an Arizona resident, she wanted to create a self-tanning solution with 100% all-natural ingredients, completely vegan, gluten-free, contains no fragrances, and is never tested on animals. You can learn more about Aryanna here.
Blue Saint's probiotic self-tanner is all-natural, vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. All of which is extremely important to me as I don't use any products that test on animals, and can't use ones that have gluten in them. They have what they call a "Zero-Orange guarantee," so your skin does not come out orange when you use it. The box claims that it's made with "Italian skin probiotics and unique plant ingredients." They also promise a zero-streak tan.
Blue Saint, a self-tanning brand was sweet enough to send The Teen Magazine some of their self-tanning options, which consisted of:
1. Instant Body Self Tanning Foam: The Foam is made up of all plant-based ingredients. It comes with a silky mitt, is streak-free and will give a deep bronze in less than two hours
2. The Blue Saint Face Self- Tanning Drops: The drops are a great compliment to the body foam and can even be mixed with your foundation. They come in with a dropper for easy appliance and is super important to use so your body matches your face. The droplets are easy to use unlike some other self-tanners out there.
The self-tanner is an instant tan, meaning you don't have to wait a while before seeing results. Other users have claimed that it started working within approximately ten minutes and the bronze color intensified in the next two hours! The tanner comes with an application mitt, and instructions are both on the box and the website.
The first thing I love about Blue Saint's tanner was that it didn't smell bad! Over the years I have used many tanners with a chemical- like smell which I am not really a fan of. But Blue Saint Tanning Foam is formulated to have a tropical scent, reminding us of summer. The tan also fades well, and lasts about 1-2 weeks.
Another thing I love was that as promised by the brand, the tanner definitely did not come out orange and it wasn't streaky at all, which is a common problem with a few other brands.
It comes in with an application mitt which makes the tanning foam really easy to spread over the body and is much better than using your hands. I personally feel like the tan might not be the best one for my skin since it came out a little greyish. The product may have not matched well with my neutral undertones. But, while the tanner wasn't the best one for me, it was still good.
I will definitely recommend it to people who have warm undertones and I can see it working great for other tones. It's a great alternative to other products and is safe for your skin. If you are just starting out and new to self-tan, this is the perfect product for you!
1. Safe for skin
2. Vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free
3. Does not smell bad or has a chemical smell
4. Zero orange guaranteed
5. Easy to apply
6. Comes in with an application mitt
1. Might give a greyish effect on people with neutral undertones, but will work really great for warmer tones.
Blue Saint Instant Body Self Tanning Foam costs $39, and Blue Saint Face Self-Tanning Drops cost $29, which is a good deal. I would love to see a discounted set where you could buy them together in the future. Try them out for yourself and let us know how it went! You can purchase both at their website, bluesaint.com. You can now use code 'Blue' at checkout to recieve 15% off!
Tips for applying a sunless self-tanner:
1. Always exfoliate before using
2. If you will be removing hair, make sure you do that 24 hours before applying the self-tanner
3. Try not to moisturize while self-tanning, and don't apply perfume or deodorant.
4. Take a shower just before the application.