High school is hard. College is hard. Balancing work with a social life is hard. Finding what you are most passionate about is hard. Every student, at one point in their school career, faces these inevitable challenges. After all, struggling is a part of the process of finding yourself and becoming the best version of yourself. But, understanding that the challenges you are facing now are crucial for shaping who you are is nothing short of difficult.
Sometimes, hearing another individual's experiences and wise words is necessary to feel confident about where you are. These thirty quotes are ones that every teenager needs to keep in the back of their minds.
Take One Day At A Time
1. Paula Yates -- "I live one day at a time, one hour at a time."
2. Carl Sandberg -- "Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep."
3. Dale West -- “Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece.”
4. Dik Browne -- “Live one day at a time, unless you can figure out how to live two.”
5. John Archibald Wheeler -- “Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.”
Look Forward And Keep Keeping
6. Sam Waterston -- “If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling back.”
7. Martin Luther King Jr -- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
8. Paulo Coelho -- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.”
9. Will Smith -- "Sometimes you have to forget what's gone. Appreciate what still remains. And look forward to what's coming next."
10. Steve Maraboli -- "The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward."
Surround Yourself With Supporters
11. Elizabeth Gilbert -- "To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous."
12. C.S. Lewis -- "What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it."
13. Eleanor Roosevelt -- "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
14. Khalil Gibson -- "Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity."
15. Jane Austen -- "There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature."
You Are Closer To Your Goals After Every Day
16. James Cameron -- "If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.”
17. Tony Robbins -- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
18. Scott Kelly -- “If we have a goal and a plan, and are willing to take risks and mistakes and work as team, we can choose to do the hard thing.”
19. Napoleon Hill -- “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”
20. Josh Hinds -- “Making sure our goals are properly aligned with our passions only makes sense”
Don't Forget To Pause And Appreciate What You Have
21. Harold Whitman -- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
22. Helen Keller -- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
23. Nina Dobrev -- “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.”
24. Hans Christian Andersen -- “Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead.”
25. Joe Namath -- "When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things."
Failure Is The Door To New Endeavors
26. Thomas Edison -- “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
27. J.K. Rowling -- “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I've met people who don't want to try for fear of failing.”
28. Lance Armstrong -- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”
29. Tom Krause -- “There are no failures–just experiences and your reactions to them.”
30. Taryn Rose -- “Fear regret more than failure.”
Whether you are feeling down about a grade you received on a test or struggling to find your passions, students must remember that they have the ability to chase their goals and become the person they want to be. Each individual carries the immense power of having the opportunity to achieve their biggest aspirations and goals. Pain is temporary. Feeling lost is temporary. Not knowing who you are is temporary. Time will provide you with the answers to your questions. The only thing you can do now is keep your head up high and wait.