Being one of those people who are always late for literally everything, I've picked up some cute 5-minute hairstyles perfect for when you're running late. Here is a list of my 5 all-time favorite 5-minute hairstyles. Enjoy and comment which one's your favorite!
5. Braided Low Ponytail
This was my go-to hairstyle for the LONGEST time! I would wear whenever I wanted to do something pretty with my hair and didn't have much time.
- First, make a large braid with the front section of your hair. Make sure that you're pulling your hair toward the back of your head while you're braiding so that you won't get that annoying bump in your hair.
- Pull the end of your braid and the rest of your hair into a tight ponytail. Pull slightly on the strands of the braid to make it fuller. Tip: To give your ponytail volume, tighten your hair by pulling at the TOP strands of the ponytail. If you're going for a messy look, pull out some of your bangs to frame your face. Instead of just picking out hair with your fingers, try running your hand through your hair and slowly pull it back to only get the strands that naturally frame your face.
4. The Half-Up Bun
This one's my favorite--just pull half of your hair back, form a bun by twisting your hair into a loose knot and tie it in place with a hairband. If you want to mix it up, add braids to the look!
3. Quick Curls
THIS IS PURE GENIUS I had basically accepted that it took an hour to curl my super thick hair but now it only takes 10 minutes! I know, I know, it's not the 5 min hairstyle per se, but my hair is really thick so for someone with thinner hair, this would only take 5 mins or less.
Tie your hair in a ponytail and separate it into two parts. (If you have thicker hair, just separate it into more parts. I usually do four.)
- Curl the strands with a wand (here is my favorite wand) TIP: Hold the curls in your hand before dropping it. This gives your curl a chance to cool before it extends which will keep them in longer.
- Take your ponytail out and ta-da! Perfectly curled hair in only 5-10 mins :) Make sure to set it with hairspray to last all day. TIP: Before curling your hair, use a heat protector so that you don't fry your hair. This is the one I use.
2. Two Braid Side Braid
This isn't any old side braid--no, it's the TWO braid side braid. This look is so cute and I love how there's a ton of different ways you can mix up this hairstyle.
Start at the middle of your part and take about three inches of hair. Braid all the way down and tie off the end. Pull at the strands of the braid to make it fuller.
Take all your hair (choose whether or not to untie the bottom of the braid) and braid it into a side braid.
Pull at the braid until it's as loose as you want it.
Ways you can mix things up:
Make the sections of the braid different sizes. Try making one of the braids into a fishtail or French braid. Make a braid on the other side of your hair so that they meet on one side. Add a cute bow to the top of the side braid!
1. Half-up Messy Ponytail
I absolutely love this hairstyle and have been wearing it a lot lately!
- Take the top section of your hair (about one-third of your hair) and pull it back into a ponytail. To make your ponytail bigger, tie it at the top or your head, and to make it less big tie it to the middle back of your head.
- (optional) Take a skinny piece of hair not in the ponytail and wrap it around your hair tie. After the first or second loop, take a bobby pin and pin it under your ponytail.
Those are all my favorite 5-minute hairstyles, but let me know if there's one I left out in the comments! Also--tell me if you try any of these hairstyles! Please subscribe & share :) If you're interested in writing for us, please apply here.